Sunday, 11 December 2011

Happy Birthday to Marla!

Lunch with Marla in The Victorian Tea Room, Guthrie, Oklahoma ~ photo by me


Twenty four years ago I walked into a shop called Starwind. I had just moved back to Oklahoma from Seattle and felt horribly adrift. I immediately headed for the book department. That was the day I met my very best friend in the whole wide world, Marla!! Luck was with me that day and all the other days I have spent with her.

Today is her birthday. I think the entire world should sto
p for a minute and wish her a happy birthday!!

Happy Birthday, my dear friend. You have rekindled my spirit more times than I can count. May all your dreams come true!! ♥ ♥ ♥


In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer

No comments:

Post a Comment