Saturday, 1 October 2011

The Birth of Venus, 1875
Alexandre Cabanel (French, 1823–1889)


I have found the most fabulous short article about Venus. As Venus is now in her own sign and conjunct Saturn where they are both playing havoc in my fourth house of home and security, she has been on my mind of late. And then, lo and behold, I find this article in a tweet. 

I love the idea of equating Venus with a Star. I always think of her as bursting from the sea and forget that she also graces the heavens with here presence...

What do you think of when you see a five-pointed star? Hollywood stars? The flag of the United States? Wicca, paganism, or witchcraft? The Virgin Mary? Gawain and the Green Knight? The military? Journeys to the underworld? The end of the Mayan calendar in 2012?


At times, I think of all of these things, but mostly, I think of the planet Venus, beauty, and the golden ratio. 
 
Here’s why:
Over time, the planet Venus draws a five-pointed star in the the sky.


“It does WHAT?” 


That was exactly my reaction, the first time I heard this.

Read more here:
The Oxford Astrologer: The Goddess of Love and the Golden Ratio

No comments:

Post a Comment