Pages

Sunday, 10 April 2011

Another Search for the Grail

I have absolutely no idea what painting this or by whom. I found it on Tumbler with no information but it struck my fancy being a lover of all things Arthurian.  ...yes, still!


The theme of the Grail is the bringing of life into what is known as ‘the wasteland.’ The wasteland is the preliminary them to which the Grail is the answer. It’s the world of people living inauthentic lives - doing what they are supposed to do.” ~ Joseph Campbell


I try desperately never to do what I am supposed to do. Ask anyone. But I believe I am always searching for the perfect me. Sometimes I wonder if I unconsciously try to recreate myself continually in an attempt to perfect the sacred breath that brought me into being.

I think it is may be an act of co-creation. In fact, perhaps every moment of life could become an act of co-creation. Perhaps, I am a painting just waiting for one more stroke, a sculpture that needs just one more touch, a dance waiting for one more move, a poem that is modified every day but will never be finished...

3 comments:

  1. Dear Robin

    Maybe you are already the masterpeice of which you speak, maybe within you there is no need for such improvements, maybe all your seeking is just a remembering and an honouring xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, words of wisdom from wise Little Ewe... a remembering and an honouring - I like that a lot!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting and post Robin. I love the way you put that...about always searching for the perfect you. I cannot explain it either, but I certainly understand it. :)

    ReplyDelete