Wednesday, 2 March 2011

On Our Ninth Wedding Anniversary

Robin and Gary on the way to RA Exhibit



MY POEM TO GARY ON OUR NINTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

Of all the gifts you have given me
and there have been many
Your love is the one that stays with me
the one that is always by my side.

Even in my darkest days of doubt
and my endless nights of fear
Your love is a whisper in the night
a warm breeze on a cold afternoon
a pink sunrise offering hope.

We are not in the happiest of places
Joy is increasingly hard to find
and indeed, must be consciously created
We are slow dancing in the shadows
Waiting for the sun to find us once again.

Regardless of dark or light
Joy or sadness
We still dance.
I hold your heart in mine.

Our love is a magical wind
on an achingly still sea
that keeps our sails a furl
our small boat, our great lives
sailing forward into the sun.

Until we are able to dance
in the shining sun again,
Dance with me in the shadows.
Let me feel your hand in mine
as we bravely face our tomorrows.

~robin dalton 2 March 2011

I should point out, I suppose, that this made my poor, beleaguered husband cry... I, of course, found that horribly flattering. Is that a bad thing, do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Happy Aniversary. I hope you both dance in the sun again soon!!

    xx

    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Catherine. I love that you are always there xx

    ReplyDelete